Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I'm Back!

Sometimes in life you just need to take a little break, regroup, and come backing swinging. So that's what I did.

Sunday came and I weighed in...another very small weight gain. Which makes 4 weeks in a row of "very small weight gains". This wouldn't be frustrating if at some point it had gone back down or been the same. So then I took my monthly measurements and even though I was up 3lbs from the time I took measurements in Dec some off the numbers where smaller! What a friendly reminder to not trust the number on the scale as much!! Mainly my lower half slimmed down a hair more....so all those painful leg days due to never ending squats and lunges seemed to have paid off at least lol.

One of the big things with Sunday was I used it to be my First of 2017 and also used it as a time to compare with when I started in August. So I not only took measurements but I took pics. I'm down 10lbs...which could of been slightly more if not for my holiday never ending slight gains lol. Here are my August to Jan pics and measurements (don't mind the lil private part that happened when I merged two photos together on my little man)...



How am I feeling after seeing this.....well, to be honest, I could be feeling better. It's frustrating because I have pretty much the same before and after pics from a year or so ago...which means I've been here, done this, and gained it all back. THIS IS THE LAST TIME!!! I will NEVER see 150 on the scale AGAIN! I have made this promise to myself over and over again since leaving it behind. I also thought I would see bigger changes in the before and after pics. I also know that we are hardest on ourselves so I'm hoping the world will see better changes then me. It does make me feel better to see the changes I do see. My stomach has defiantly shrunk in and the way my clothes fit because of that is enough to satisfy me! And these small changes make me want to push on. I want to make more small changes, and then even more! and at some point my pictures will show a big change! My next big decision is when to take pics again. Do I give it a certain date to do it again and if so what date, or do I wait to loose 10lbs and then take pics again to show what a difference those 10lbs made? For now I'm just going to feel that answer out. My biggest focus is to get out of this "i've lost 10ish lbs" range and make it a different number.

Another cool thing about my pics from Sunday is they are also working as before pics for my 2nd try at Piyo. Yes, I did switch my mind on what workout I want to do....AGAIN! I opted to switch to Piyo because it's something I've done before, would be easy on my  knee, and I know I enjoy it. I've done Piyo before but never fully finished it because I came down with a cold and my schedule got busy. I am ready now though! Day 1 was a fundamental day (or something like that) and was the slowest, most boring thing in my life because I already had the basic knowledge of what a warrior and up dog pose was. So I opted to skip that yesterday and gave myself a rest day. I started up today Define: Lower Body. Piyo has a Define workout for your upper and lower body. The first week or so you mainly do it. Its a nice easy flow workout to help you learn what you are getting yourself into. Then it slowly rotates them out and brings you on to bigger and better things, er, different and tougher workouts. Define gives you nice flowly stretch and also breaks a tiny sweat. It also helps since its 20 minutes long. I really enjoy the first week of piyo. I feel like the simplicty off it allows me to  grow more motivated into starting a new program. This helps increase the odds of me sticking with it.

I also restarted (for the millionth time this month) weight watchers. I keep restarting, doing good for a day or so, then BLOWING it one day and not getting back to it after blowing it. I set myself up for success this week by grabbing tons of extra fruits to have around the house. No more digging around for snacks. Now I'm grabbing something healthy. I'm hoping this will all pay off and on Sunday my scale will finally start heading south again.

No comments:

Post a Comment