Monday, January 23, 2017

Day 1 Cize - Crazy 8s

I wasn't feeling to motivated today. Not sure if the winter weather that is coming tomorrow is triggering my headache or what but it slowly crept on late this afternoon. I've also been insanely hungry lately (which isn't helping my weight watchers). So I came home and ate a plate of spaghetti. I didn't even bother trying to track it. I feel better about it since my mom canned the sauce herself (and its the best sauce in the world, hands down!). Of course you can't workout on an empty stomach so I rested up with two episode of Game of Thrones then made myself get up and change.

I have never been so pumped about my decision to switch things up!!! I didn't come to that conclusion until the cool down but, at least I came to it! I much prefer dancing and bouncing around to doing burpies and plank type cardio moves. I'm DRIPPING with sweat on the keyboard as I type (unless your my husband, then I am NOT dripping on your keyboard as I type...ok only a few drops fell). I feel my blood moving and my whole body feels like it got a workout not just my thighs and butt lol.

Crazy 8s defiantly wasn't the most interesting dance video I've ever done, but it got the job done. I feel like Zumba OWNS the market on dance videos and its just too hard to compare anything to it. In Crazy 8s you learn 8 different dance moves. That part was fine. The part I disliked was you would learn move 1,  do it a handful of times, learn move 2 and do it a handful of times, then put it together. Then learn move 3, do it a few times, then start from the top, Then learn 4 and...well you get the point. It got a bit repetitive. The beginning seemed to drag a bit but by time you where on move 8 the 30 mins seemed to have slipped by quite fast. After practicing the moves all together you "Cize it up!" and do all the moves together 3 times with a break in between each time. It was actually fun when you where able to just do the moves all together. I was really getting the hang of it. Sometimes I get the feet work down and then you throw in a hand move and it throws me off a bit. I feel like after doing this video another time or two I'll have it down.

I debated restarting up some yoga instead of cardio today. My headaches, and some body aches, where REALLY pushing me in that direction. I would like to focus on burning some fat off my body though so I PUSHED myself to stick to my plan to do some cardio. Not positive I'll complete the Cize program (fyi if it says Size anywhere in here its the laptop autocorrecting, not me typing it wrong!). I've been finding myself getting bored with workouts faster then normal lately so.......we'll see what happens. I'll give this one a go, hopefully see some gains from it, and switch when I feel like switching.

Have fun with working out. That is my tip! If it becomes a chore or gets boring then you won't be successful. There are so many different types of exercise out there if you just keep trying you WILL find something you love! The hardest part is starting sometimes. Nike NAILED it when they said "Just Do It". It's 100% true, you have to JUST DO IT!!!! Start small if you have to. Set small goals. Starting  new program and it seems to tough, try something else. There is no shame in not finishing something. Look at me, 1....or should I say 2...weeks into 21 Day Fix Extreme and I felt I wasn't 100% ready for it. I would LOVE to try that workout again, but for now I'm sticking to a little less squat and lunge and a little more throw my hands up in the air. Just think how amazing I'm going to feel when I'm able to do the 21 Day Fix Extreme and not take rest days in between each workout! Right there my folks, will be a NSV for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment