Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday

It's Monday! I actually enjoy Monday's. Weekends can be a bit rough when it comes to eating but a nice day at work means a nice routine meal. Monday's are also good times to start new workout programs....which I did today lol.

I started 21 Day Fix today. I took a look at the calendar and realized I have three weeks before I leave for a California vacation. I won't workout while I'm on vacation so I thought it was a little silly to start something only to have a week long break that might hamper results. So as I took a long hard look at my calendar I realized 3 weeks.....21 Days.....THIS WAS PERFECT!!!!! I already learned the hard way I am NOT extreme enough for 21 Day Fix Extreme so I decide on starting the normal 21 Day Fix. Today was Total Body Cardio. My body just isn't in shape for Cardio!!! It had 4 rounds where you did two moves two times for 1 minute per move each time you did it. Some moves where rough making it 20 seconds let alone 60 but I think most of them I pushed through to do at least 40 seconds. One of my fav things about starting new workout programs is seeing how rough it is to start and how easy it will become. Cant' wait until week 3 to see how bad my cardio is.

I wanted to share with you some of the food I eat. The pic today is of my meals I've had today. I did not take pictures of my snacks.


I'm not a big breakfast person. It's also hard doing weight watchers when you are already a low weight. I have 30 daily points to use and those points can go FAST when you eat a big breakfast. So for breakfast I try to keep it light and one of the ways I do that is by drinking some type of shake mix. Right now I'm LOVING Vega. This one is 3 smart points and I mix it in unsweetened almond Milk so it comes to a total of 4 points for breakfast.

I'm a creature of habit so my lunch at work typical is the same thing every. single. day. That is, until I get sick of it and switch it up. I recently switched from a turkey sandwich to a tuna salad sandwich. I kind of unsandwhiched my sandwich. It makes me feel like I eat more when I eat two slices instead of making it into one. I grab the low cal Sara Lee bread to help with my points. I also started making zero point veggie soup. It's an awesome way to get some veggies into your diet. Add in a little fruit and my lunch came to 3 smart points.

This is a VERY low point lunch and to make up for that I enjoy a few snacks. Today I munched on some pretzel sticks, an orange, and a banana before coming home. Then I came home to my all time favorite pre workout snack. I reward myself for working out before I even do it lol hey it works for me! I enjoy a light multigrain muffin toasted with some cookie butter on it.....a very very very little bit of cookie butter. This snack comes to 5 Smart Points and is only a treat I enjoy before working out. It helps knock off the after work hunger I have and helps me push through until I finish to have dinner. Love it love it love it!!! So far my snacks have equaled 7 points today.

Tonight for dinner I tried a new recipe. My hubby travels a lot which makes it super easy to eat healthy. He is home this week so I decided to search for some new recipes to try. I stumbled onto a recipe for a Layered Chicken Enchilada Bake.....BOY WAS IT AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The website said it was 8 servings and 8 smart points per serving. I don't know how I did it (used a different cheese I think) but I was able to shave a point off. I also changed it to 6 servings when I entered it into the Weight Watcher recipe builder and it turned out to be decent 9 smart points. I felt like the serving would be way to small if it was for 8 so upping to 6 helped me get a larger portion and made my tummy super happy. I also paired it with a small salad with a tiny bit of dressing and some tired cranberries for 2 smart points. So dinner came in to 11 Smart Points.

If you are counting that means I have 5 smart points to play around with tonight. I have a couple sweet things that are low points laying around the house to help with my sweet tooth. I also have some black berries in my fridge just dying to get inside my belly. So many options and I'm not sure how, if I even will, spend my last 5 smart points. My supper was pretty filling but I will probably have a light snack to help get the hunger off until morning.

layered-chicken-enchilada-bake.html  Here is the link for the Layered Chicken Enchilada Bake. IT WAS AMAZING! I HIGHLY recommend it!!! I used Reduced Fat Kraft Cheese and think that is how I was able to shave a point off but I'm not sure. I'm going to play around with the recipe in the future and maybe add some black olives or serve it with some sour cream. Yum Yum Yum! It's not often I cook healthy and get such a home run with the hubby like I did with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment